Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 5, 12.5 hours build time

Today I spent 2.5 hours closing up the bow and transom sides. The bow went really easy. The ends were not perfectly the same length at the bow so tapped the ends with a mallet to line them up then simply twisted the wires to close the bow up. The mallet trick really works well even with the wires tight. I added twice the number of wire holes in the bow than the kit came with to help spread the stress and keep the wires from pulling through the holes.
The transom was a little more difficult, I beveled the edges which helps and also added double the wires/holes. I tacked some spots together with super glue to hold them as well.
The hull is basically in its complete shape at this point. Next up is to wire the decking together.

No comments:

Post a Comment