Total Pageviews

Monday, February 21, 2011

50 hours. Bulkhead installed

This weekend I installed the bulkhead and sealed the aft compartment watertight with a epoxy fillet around the bulkhead. Since I decided not to install a deck hatch to the rear compartment this was a slight deviation from the plans.
I also made a fillet way up in the forward bow area all the way forward on the hull to deck joint and in the furthest aft area as well before the bulkhead install. The instructions dont say to do this but it sure gives me peace of mind that the joint wont come apart. Its difficult to get epoxy spread nicely so far forward inside the boat but it was worth the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment