Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 31, 2011

First color coat. 73 hours

I applied the second primer coat tuesday afternoon and sanded it this morning and applied the first color coat with the Interlux paint this afternoon. I rolled the paint on with a foam roller and tipped it with a brisle brush. This Interlux Brightsides paint goes on FANTASTIC!!! Easy and smoooth. Wish I had used it on my other boat. I'll give it about 24 hours to dry then sand with 320 and do a second coat. 2 coats may be all i need. I used 4 on my other boat. If I only need two coats the higher price of Interlux would be mitigated by using less. At nearly 50$ a quart thats not exactly spare change. Oh, and the color turned out to be exactly what I was hoping it would look like. Hoping to complete the paint job by monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment